Recipe makes about 24.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom seed coarsely powder (ilaichi)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (8 tablespoons or 4oz)
- About 2 tablespoons of milk or as needed
- Pre heat the oven to 360 degree F.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt, sliced almonds and cardamom powder well.
- Next add soft butter and milk to the flour mixture to make dough. Dough should be very soft.
- Divide the dough into about 24 equal parts and make them into balls.
- Press each ball between your palms lightly; every piece should be about 1/2” in thickness.
- Place the dough balls on an ungreased cookie sheet about inch a part.
- Bake the cookies for about 18 minutes or until cookies are lightly gold brown.
- After they become lightly golden brown remove the cookie sheet from the oven. Let the cookies cool down for two to three minutes before taking them off the cookie sheet.
- Replace the almonds with walnuts or pistachios.