Eggless Pineapple Cake

April 20th, 2009 filed under Desserts

This is an easy and delicious eggless pineapple cake recipe and this can be served any time of the day, and for any occasion.

Eggless Pineapple Cake RecipeIngredients:

• 1-1/4 cup all purpose flour (maida)
  • 1/2 can (7oz) sweetened condense milk
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1  20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained. Save the juice.

Method

1. Preheat the oven at 325 degrees (F).
  2. Grease 8×8 inches cake pan
  3. Drain pineapple using strainer let the juice dripped through without squeezing. Note: we will use juice and pineapple both.
  4. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom and salt in a bowl.
  5. In center part of the flour mix, add ½ cup pineapple juice, ½ cup pineapple chunks, butter, and condense milk.
  6. Gently fold every thing together.
  7. Pour the mixture in greased cake pan.
  8. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until cake starts leaving the pan from sides and an insert knife in the center of the cake come out clean.
  9. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool off for few minutes only.
  10. Run a knife around the edges to loosen the cake and place a flat plate over the cake pan and turn it over to transfer the cake on to the plate.
  11. Prick the cake several places with a fork.
  12. Brush the top of the cake generously with the leftover pineapple juice while still hot.
  13. Let cake cool before slicing the cake.

If you enjoyed the recipe for Eggless Pineapple Cake, here are more great recipes you should try from Manjula's Kitchen.

206 Responses to “Eggless Pineapple Cake”

1. Vaishali says:

Thank you so much for this delicious recipe. I tried it and the cake turned out delicious!
    I just had one comment – the 20 oz can of crushed pineapple actually gives 1 cup juice and 1 cup drained pineapple. However the recipe uses only 1/2 cup of juice and 1/2 cup drained pineapple. Did I do something different? Your response would be appreciated, thanks!

2. Neha says:

Manjula Aunty I have tried many of your recipe’s and have never gone wrong. But this time this cake turned out slightly bitter not sure what went wrong.

3. Mahesh says:

Dear aunt
    what is the difference between Baking Soda and Baking Powder.

4. Kathleen Hawkes says:

My friend told me about Manjula very very nice.

5. surabhi says:

dear aunty
    the cake looks really lovely .
    i am looking forward to preparing it today .
    all the measurements are in cups and it is slightly confusing.
    for maida 1 cup =128 gms
    for butter 1 cup =113 gms
    for juice 1 cup =125 ml.
    for condensed milk half can is 200ml.
    are my calculations correct?
    it would be better if the measurements were in weights.

6. Rashmi Shekar says:

Can i used yeast instead of Baking powder and Baking soda?

7. Seema says:

Dear aunty whatever way u have mention I tried this cake receipe only diff was oven preheat I made it at 180 .c for 50 min but it wad not cooked only I tried my best my cake was burn from outside but it was not cooked from inside what to do any why it happend? Everybody shouted me at home for wasting are ingreients

8. bhawna says:

mam plz tell me the substitute for condensed milk

9. Shilpa says:

I was so looking forward to eating this cake. It turned out bitter :( The only change I made was to use a butter substitute.. Could you please tell me what might have gone wrong? Also i baked it in a 3×8 inch loaf tin and it took more than twice the mentioned amount of time to bake.

• Neha says:

Hi Shilpa

I tried this recipe and it turned out greatt..

Make sure you aren’t using too much of pineapple as excess pineapple can give bitter taste.

try it again with same recipe, I am sure it will taste yum..: