Bund gobi with matar is a delicious main dish with mild spices, which is a nice compliment to any meal, simple and easy recipe to make.
Serves 3 to 4.
- 4 cups of cabbage slice into fine long shreds (discard the stalk and thick stems)
- 1 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Pinch of asafetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
- 2 green chilis half the way slit
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric (haldi)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (lal mirch)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (hara dhania)
- Heat the oil on medium high in a saucepan. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if seed cracks right away oil is ready.
- Add asafetida, cumin seeds, and mustard seeds after seeds crack add green peas and green chilies, stir for a few seconds.
- Add the cabbage, turmeric, cayenne pepper, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Cover the pan and let it cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes until the cabbage is tender. Occasionally stir it. Turn the heat off when done.
- Next add the lemon and cilantro.
- Serve hot.