- 5 medium carrots
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil or olive oil
- Peel the carrots and cut into thin 2” slices (should be about two cups). Wrap the sliced carrots in a dry towel, removing any excess water.
- Mix all the ingredients together with the carrots and put in a glass jar. Set the jar in the sun for a day.
- Pickle is ready the next day. Pickle can be refrigerated for about two weeks.
Add sliced green chili, sliced the long way.