Gajar ka achar (carrot pickle) is a great condiment to serve with any meal or with sandwiches.
- 5 medium carrots
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil or olive oil
- Peel the carrots and thinly slice them about 2 inches long (should be about two cups).
- Wrap the sliced carrots in a dry towel, ensuring the carrots don’t have any excess water.
- Mix all the ingredients together with the carrots and put in a glass jar.
- Keep the jar in the sun for a day. Pickle is ready the next day.
- Pickle can be refrigerated for about two weeks.
Add sliced green chili, sliced the long way.