Mango Lassi is a soothing cold drink for hot summer days or to brighten up any meal. This pale drink is a blend of mango and yogurt. A popular drink in Indian restaurants.
Serves 3 to 4.
- 2 cups ripe mangoes peeled and chopped
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar (Adjust to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves (Optional)
- 3 cups crushed ice or ice cubes,(use as needed)
- Blend yogurt, mango, and 2 tablespoons sugar and taste before adding more sugar. How much sugar is used depends on the sweetness of the mango and the yogurt.
- Add and cardamom powder and blend. If it is too
thick, add some water to desired consistency. Pour into a tall glass and garnish with mint leaves. ice and cardamom powder and blend again.
Adjust ingredient quantities depending on the sweetness of the mango and the thickness of the yogurt. Mango Lassi it is better if the mangoes are not fibrous.